The Ancient Art of Smudging
Bless, Cleanse, Purify – Creating Sacred Space of Integrity and Light
Would you like some fabulous new skills to create the perfect energetic spaces to live, work and relax?
In this 3 hour workshop, you will learn all the knowledge, skills and techniques to confidently use Smudging. Valuable insight into energy dynamics and understanding energetic imprints of places and spaces is also included.
‘Smudging’ is a very powerful technique to bless, purify and cleanse your home, yourself, other people, objects or a space – it’s easy once you know how.
The art of Smudging goes back thousands of years and is still used by many cultures in ceremony, rituals, gatherings, rights of passage, initiations and often plays a formal part in both traditional and religious occasions – it is timeless!
Smudging is also a powerful tool for creating ‘Sacred Space’, so this workshop is perfect and becomes essential knowledge if you hold your own gatherings, meditation or discussion circles, run a yoga studio or work as a teacher, a healer/practitioner, wellbeing or healthcare worker.
Having a space to work or live in that is light filled, peaceful, inviting, high vibrational and of integrity creates a harmonious atmosphere, improves the overall flow of energy, relationships and interactions it benefits your health and wellbeing, people simply enjoy being there – you can ‘feel’ the difference.
We will explore both the beautiful symbology and ceremonial aspects of Smudging, but also how to bring this wonderful cleansing practice and wellbeing tool into your everyday life in a very practical way.
The workshop will cover:
1. Brief history of Smudging.
2. How and why energy gathers, collects and behaves in a space.
3. Understanding energetic imprints.
4. Understanding Spirits/Presences in a space or dwelling.
5. Using your Intent.
6. Reasons to Smudge.
7. Typical herbs used for Smudging and how their qualities and frequencies differ.
8. Smudging Tools – What do you need?
9. How to connect to and work with your Energetic & Angelic Teams.
10. How to Smudge yourself.
11. How to Smudge other people.
12. How to Smudge a space/house.
13. How to cleanse and Smudge crystals and objects.
14. Affirmations and Prayers used in rituals, ceremony and everyday Smudging.
15. Other methods for space cleansing.
1. Smudging demonstrations.
2. An information booklet.
3. Complimentary herbal tea and snacks.
4. An opportunity to ask lots of questions.
5. Time with like-minded souls.
A variety of high quality and ethically sourced Smudging tools will be available for purchase at the workshop.
What to Wear:
Dress in comfortable casual clothes as the workshop will be relaxed and informal.
*Please note that smoke may permeate your clothing during demonstrations.
What to Bring:
A water bottle, journal or notepad, an open heart, a curious mind and the desire to embrace something new and different.