Reiki Courses in Maldon and Castlemaine Country Victoria
– Level 1, Level 2, Level 3/Master & Reiki Teacher Training –
Traditional Usui Reiki
Relax Heal Energise Flow Balance
Perfect for beginners, to dedicated students who have a passion for healing and energy work, or the professional complimentary health practitioner.
Reiki is fun, simple and very easy to learn – it’s the perfect introduction to exploring and understanding energy, to learn how to implement simple but powerful techniques into your daily life to create balance, flow and mindfulness, or perhaps its your first step towards following your calling to become an energy healing practitioner.
Learn how to connect and flow with Reiki energy and gain a lifetime skill of healing and balancing yourself and others – all in a relaxed, informal and supportive environment in the beautiful high vibrational energy of Castlemaine and Maldon Country Victoria.
You do not need to be a healer or have had any experience with energy work or other spiritual practices to embrace Reiki into your life – just the curiosity, an open mind and heart or the simple desire to expand your knowledge and embrace something new. Once you have personally experienced our Reiki courses you will understand why it is so much more than just a healing technique – its a way of Being.
The system of Reiki has its origins in Japan and is a wellbeing and spiritual practice that supports healing and personal development. A Reiki course is an enjoyable way of learning how to put many new and simple life skills in place and to become more intuitive and connected to your True Self. It works on developing your core energetic strength and is a valuable health and wellness tool to support all aspects of our life to be happy, healthy, balanced and whole.
Reiki is a wonderful tool that anyone can learn and promotes relaxation, aids to reduces stress, frees up blockages and helps us to release negative emotions we may be carrying, such as fear and anxiety, self doubt. It allows the body to release tension and fatigue, bringing us back to a peaceful state of equilibrium.
Reiki gives us a method to easily re-energise when we have become unwell, run down or energetically depleted from the busyness of life. It increases our energy flow, vitality, strengthens our immune system, raises our vibrational level and awareness, as well as enhancing our ability to flow with life. Reiki is also brilliant for grounding ourselves, its ‘earthy and tangible’ in its nature making it the modality of choice for so many people.
Reiki uses a special form of ‘ki’ (Japanese for Qi or energy) to rebalance and then charge the body’s energy system. It doesn’t heal the body itself, but rather it gives the body the resources needed to do so naturally with ease.
Reiki will compliment and enhance other energy work you already do – it is the perfect accompaniment to manage and bring calm and stillness into our busy lives.
Soma&Soul courses are also ideal for anyone who is ’empathic’ or susceptible to the effects of ‘negative or excessive energy of places, people and spirits.
Through learning a series of simple meditations, you will learn how to create energetic resilient and ‘protect yourself’ by strengthening your energy field and the ‘hara‘, one of your body’s key energy centres.
Courses are kept deliberately small, providing an intimate setting to learn, share experiences with fellow students, have discussions and gain valuable practice and confidence with your healing techniques.
*If you have a group of friends/family and would like to organise a mid-week or interstate course, please contact Sue to discuss availability and options.
All Soma&Soul courses meet the full industry standards of training and content required for each level. Students are provided with a Certificate of Initiation and Training upon completion of a course.
Sue is a Reiki Master and Teacher whose lineage goes back to the original founder of Reiki, Mikao Usui. This is important to anyone who is considering becoming a Reiki practitioner or using Reiki as part of an already established healing modality, as it guarantees your certificate will be accepted by the leading Reiki associations in Australia and overseas.
Sue brings a wealth of knowledge and over 30 years experience working with various healing modalities. Her desire was to offer an opportunity to ‘Bring Forth Your Inner Light’ by teaching students a simple and powerful method of Reiki healing that combines traditional Japanese Reiki, with the most effective Western and Esoteric Reiki techniques developed over the last 70 years.
Sue brings a sense of fun, humor and warmth to all her Reiki courses, together with lots of special added extras, insights and valuable knowledge, which make them so enjoyable, unique, popular and much loved.
Reiki Course Manual
Soma&Soul courses come with a high quality manual that covers all of the course information. This ensures that you will never be left struggling to recall any of the key concepts and techniques that are taught. It is a great reference tool for any personal or professional Reiki work that you do now or in the future.
Drinks and Snacks
All participants will receive complimentary tea (mostly herbal) and a selection of healthy snacks.
Our teaching venues vary throughout the year with courses held in Castlemaine and Maldon country Victoria.
Castlemaine – Our course venue is located amongst a beautiful garden oasis and is a short 4 minute drive or 15 minute walk from the town centre of Castlemaine and the V-Line train station. Street parking is available.
Maldon – Courses are held locally in a private studio, surrounded by a tranquil and peaceful country setting – (the town centre is a 5 minute drive from the venue) with onsite parking available.
Course Accommodation In Country Victoria – Like Castlemaine, Maldon is approximately 1.45hours drive from Melbourne with an array of affordable accommodation options – (from as little as $60 a night at the Maldon Hotel, to beautiful AirB&B’s for that added touch of luxury) – making it an extra special experience for those travelling to the area to attend a weekend course, allowing you to relax and integrate your energy at the end of the day.
The townships of Castlemaine and Maldon are picturesque and very popular with day trippers and tourists. Steeped in history and known as one of Victoria’s best preserved gold rush towns – it literally looks like time has stood still with its beautiful original buildings, wonderful cafes and fabulous quirky shops to browse. So if you’ve been thinking about a weekend getaway – come join me, be uplifted and immerse yourself for two wonderful days of healing, blissful relaxation and meditation, surrounded by high vibrational energy, starry skies and clean fresh country air and hospitality.
Reiki Course Refund Policy
We do not offer a refund on deposits or course payments if you change your mind about our Reiki Courses, or do not attend on the day. However, if you provide two week’s notice and have paid for your course in full, we will be happy to move you to an alternative course date pending availability – ($50 admin fee applies).
It is unlikely to occur, however, Soma&Soul reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an event due to presenter illness, low enrolment or other unforseen circumstances – particularly during this changeable time with potential state and regional Government Health related matters globally. (Covid19) All course fees will be carried over to the next suitable course date.
Why Take a Reiki Course?
Reiki courses are a great way to improve your health and wellbeing, heal and release hurts from the past and connect you to your true Inner Self.
After taking our courses, students have experienced Reiki to be helpful for:
- An ever increasing sense of peace and calm in their lives
- Improvement with their health
- Better sleep and less fatigue
- Feeling less stressed or anxious
- Having increased energy and vitality
- Greater emotional balance, focus and clarity
- Feeling grounded and present
- Improvement with their meditation / increased intuition
- Feel a deeper connection to their True Self
All Soma&Soul Reiki courses cover the Five Pillars (or Diamonds) of the Japanese system:
- Reiki Attunements – energy ceremonies that connect students to the Reiki energy
- Meditation Techniques – that both refine and strengthen a student’s connection to energy/frequencies, Source and the Higher Self
- Reiki Healing – enabling students to use energy to balance and heal themselves, others and animals
- Mantras and Symbols – (Introduced in Level 2) that help students strengthen and increase their connection and range of ability to certain forms of Reiki energy
- Reiki Precepts – principles that promote a healthy energetic system, facilitate powerful cleansing and provide a philosophical and spiritual backdrop to the Reiki practice.
In the Japanese system, the 3 levels of Reiki are:
- Shoden = Awakening
- Okuden = Going within and connecting with your potential
- Shinpiden = Opening up to the Greater Mysteries or realising your True Self
Did you know that most Reiki courses are missing up to 50% of the original Japanese Usui Reiki system, resulting in students not being taught the key elements of building a strong energetic base that empowers your Reiki practice, healing and overall wellbeing.
Reiki Level 1 (Shoden)
Duration: 2 Days – Saturday & Sunday (9.30am to 5.30pm)
This is where it all begins!
Our Level 1 course connects and introduces students to Reiki energy.
At its completion, students will:
- Be able to use Reiki to heal both themselves and others
- Know all key hand positions and how they help you increase the power of your healing sessions
- Have an understanding of the 5 Reiki precepts and how they can help you overcome past hurt and energy blocks
- Have practiced several meditation methods – such as breathing into the ‘hara’ – for increasing the flow of chi and strengthening healing
- Know how to smooth the aura and cleanse the body of energetic impurities
- Have a basic understanding of the chakra system, how it effects our wellbeing and how Reiki can strengthen it
- Learn techniques for working intuitively with Reiki and how we can develop our intuition in healing; and
- How to use Reiki to heal animals/pets
- Understand the Reiki history/ lineage and its journey from Japan to the West
2023 Reiki Level 1 Course Dates:
To Be Advised
Reiki Level 2 (Okuden) – Advanced Reiki Techniques
Pre-requisites: Reiki Level 1 Certificate
*A minimum of 10 hours training and a time duration of 21 days to 2 months since completing a Level 1 Reiki course is required, as per the current Reiki Australian industry standards. Online and combination Reiki certificates are not acceptable.
Course Duration: 2 Days – Saturday & Sunday (9.30am to 6pm)
Level 2 provides the complete well-rounded package and enables you to take your Reiki to a whole new level. Its where the real magic comes together – Reiki Level 2 is about personal development, building on the skills you learned in Level 1 and going much deeper into this beautiful spiritual practice.
All the techniques taught in our Reiki Level 2 course are part of an overall system that builds towards achieving Reiki mastery. All the Reiki skills perfectly compliment each other, just as the founder Dr Mikao Usui intended – so taking our course will give you a very real feeling of accomplishment and progression.
Level 2 is also the key level for Reiki practitioners – its the next step to learn powerful new skills to achieve the qualification needed to work as a Reiki practitioner and professional healer.
This course will cover all of the Level 2 basics.
At its conclusion students will:
- Be attuned to the Level 2 Reiki energy – (using the traditional Japanese Level 2 attunement)
- Know the Power Symbol and its many uses – (from increasing the flow of Reiki energy to cleansing the energy of a room)
- Know the Mental/Emotional symbol and how it can heal past hurts, improve memory and more
- Know the distance symbol and how it will enable you to facilitate healing (in a very tangible way) anywhere in the world!
- Learn how to meditate on the symbols
- Learn the mantras associated with the symbols
- Learn all key positions for treating others, as well as important ways in which this differs from treating yourself.
Special Course Content (not generally covered in other Reiki courses):
- Learn the traditional Japanese way of using the symbols and mantras – these three mantras are quite different from the ones usually given and will boost your Reiki to new levels
- Learn the traditional Japanese method for doing distance Reiki
- Practice several meditation techniques for strengthening your Reiki and clearing energetic blockages
- Learn how to use the five Precepts to release unresolved issues from the past
- Have an understanding of the chakra system and how this can empower your Reiki
- Know how to work intuitively with Reiki and why this is essential for maximum results
- Know how to clear/balance energetic blockages and replenish energetically depleted areas of the body
2023 Reiki Level 2 Course Dates:
To Be Advised
Pre-requisites: Reiki Level 1 & 2 Certificates
*A minimum of 10 hours training for Reiki Level 1 and Level 2 is required, as per the current Reiki Australian industry standards. Online and combination Reiki certificates are not acceptable.
*Completing Reiki Level 1 and Level 2 is essential to attend this course.
*A minimum duration of one or more years between completing Level 2 and the commencement date of the Master Level is required.
*A copy of your Reiki Level 1 and Level 2 certificates and lineage must be provided – (if you have been taught elsewhere).
*Students to complete and submit (via email) 8 documented Reiki sessions prior to commencing Master Level. Sessions can be facilitated for friends, family or professionally, in-person or via distance. This requirement forms a key component of preparation in support of your readiness to step into Master Level. A form will be provided to assist you with documenting your practice sessions upon registration.
We welcome students who have not studied with Soma&Soul previously and will work to guide you in order to prepare successfully for the course. 1:1 Reiki Refresher sessions can be booked to assist your preparation.
Duration: 3 Days – Saturday, Sunday & Monday (9.30am to 6pm)
Master Level courses are for Reiki students who have the desire to take the final step towards evolving their personal growth and practice.
The Master course is usually of interest to people of two distinct groups – firstly there are those who go on to be Reiki professionals by providing healing sessions or stepping towards teaching courses; and the other group are people who are not at the point of considering working in a professional capacity with Reiki, but would really like to deepen their connection and understanding of it.
For many this may be a milestone or personal goal of journeying further into this beautiful modality, or perhaps it is simply a knowing that they would like to embrace all that Reiki has to offer – it is after all the gift that never stops giving on every level of your being.
The course integrates the very best features of both Western and Japanese (Usui) Reiki lineages and provides students with a wonderful depth of knowledge, insight and understanding.
The course is for students who would like to become Reiki professionals and are willing to put in the dedication to develop the necessary skills to do so.
The Master Level course includes all information that is sometimes broken down into two courses, a Reiki 3a and 3b course, or a Reiki Master Practitioner / Reiki Master Level. It also equates with what is known in traditional Japanese Reiki as the ‘Shinpiden’ level – (opening up to the Greater Mysteries or realising your True Self).
After completing the course, students will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience alongside Sue in a group environment to help develop confidence before stepping into their own teaching.
I have often said, as was my own personal experience, that you never know where your Reiki may take you in the future!
10 Reasons to Take Our Master Level Reiki Course
- You’ll feel fantastic afterwards! (In fact, many students report feeling ‘the best they have felt in along time’ at the conclusion of a Master Level course).
- Three full days of small group instruction ensures students fully grasp the advanced techniques that are taught.
- Acquire advanced techniques not generally taught that will greatly expand the way you understand and use your Reiki and beyond.
- Receive attunements to additional high vibrational Tibetan Master Level and Esoteric power symbols not offered in most Reiki courses.
- Course certification that meet the full criteria and is recognised by leading Australian and International Associations.
- A detailed 21 day e-course to consolidate everything you have learnt.
- Post course support – if you have any questions about your practice, Sue is always happy to chat to you about them.
- Powerful Reiki techniques from both Western and traditional Japanese Reiki lineages.
- A 100+ page detailed course manual.
- Become part of more than one well recognised Reiki lineage that originates with Mikao Usui, Reiki’s founder.
Our Master Level course provides students with the necessary tools required to step into teaching Reiki at all levels.
At its completion you will:
- Be attuned to the Reiki Master Level.
- Be attuned to the Reiki Master Symbol – learn how it will improve your ability to channel energy and enter the ‘Great Bright Light’
- Know how to attune others to all Reiki levels – this is the crucial step in enabling you to set up your own successful practice.
- Know several advanced Reiki meditation techniques to increase energy flow.
- Know several advanced meditation techniques for increasing consciousness and energy.
- Know several non-standard methods for giving Reiki, including the use of the breath and the ‘third-eye’ technique.
- Attunement to and use of additional symbols – Tibetan Master Level and Esoteric.
- Understand important aspects for working with clients – what to say, what to avoid.
- Know how to conduct healing attunements (reiju) – these can be used any time to improve a student’s connection to Reiki.
- Have practiced advanced meditation using the Reiki symbols.
- Have learned how to connect to Reiki energy through mantras and chanting – these techniques can totally elevate and transform the way you connect to Reiki energy.
- Know techniques for connecting to the 7 main chakras to help you achieve greater mental, physical and emotional balance.
- Have learnt about chakras outside the body and know techniques for connecting to both the Earth Star Chakra and the 8th Chakra.
- Have learnt to use the Reiki precepts for creating powerful change, healing and balance.
- Have revised and further developed all the important techniques and concepts taught in Reiki Level 1 and Level 2 courses.
The course is held over three (3) consecutive day, all participants are expected to contact Sue afterwards to discuss their Reiki progress.
2023 Master/Practitioner Level 3 Course Dates:
To Be Advised
Usui Reiki Teacher Training
Pre-requisites: Reiki Levels 1, Level 2 & Master/Practitioner Level 3 – (Online or combination modality certificates do not count).
Duration: 2 Days – Saturday & Sunday (9.30am to 5pm)
*Completing Reiki Level 1, Level 2 and Master/Practitioner Level 3 is essential to attend this teaching course.
*A duration of one year or more between completing Master Level and commencing a Teacher course is recommended to ensure all your Reiki knowledge and skills are well embedded.
*A copy of your Reiki Certificates and Lineage – (if you have been taught elsewhere).
*Provide 15 documented Reiki sessions, facilitated for friends, family or professionally in-person or via distance to support your readiness to become a Reiki Teacher.
This two day comprehensive course will provide you with all the essential information, techniques, tools and many additional tips from Sue’s years of experience to teach Traditional Usui Reiki at all levels competently and confidently.
- A comprehensive Teaching manual
- What Do I Need – the tools and resources required to teach Reiki at every level
- The Importance of a Reiki Lineage – (creating your own)
- Current industry requirements for Reiki Teachers and students – (Government Regulations, Insurance, Memberships, First Aid, CPD)
- Do’s and Don’t of Teaching – the balance between sharing knowledge and allowing students their unique experiences
- How to structure Reiki courses – (the requirements for each Reiki level to ensure students are qualified and trained to industry standards and beyond)
- How to hold energetic space for students as they grow and learn – how this effects your energy
- Managing energetic shifts and the unexpected for students during courses
- Bringing forth your own individual style and flare into courses
- Valuable practice time to facilitate Reiki course meditations and brushing up on Attunements
- Self Care for the Reiki Teacher – essential to ensuring you come through your courses feeling balanced, grounded and thoroughly enjoying the gift of sharing this beautifully modality and Enlightenment tool with students.
2023 Reiki Teacher Course Dates To Be Advised
For all enquiries or course bookings, please contact Sue at Soma&Soul on 0411 183 913